IQ testing and more
Identifying a young person’s strengths and challenges requires more than just an IQ test.
The holistic nature of our assessments are designed to identify giftedness and any possible learning differences, or issues, and to highlight strengths in your child or adolescent. Your unique characteristics will then be analysed and a formal written report will be completed. IQ testing and achievement testing are available as part of this comprehensive assessment. We have personnel in Sydney, Canberra and Perth who are able to conduct the assessment. We are able to conduct assessments for 4 – 25 year olds.
Assessments can be conducted in person in Sydney, Canberra and Perth. some assessments can be conducted online.
Learn more about the importance of a comprehensive approach to assessment in this FREE webinar. Watch Now!
Benefits of Comprehensive Assessment
As a result of doing this assessment MY CHILD of ADOLESCENT will
- Gain a greater understanding of themselves
- Develop learning skills using their strengths
- Reduce their likelihood of underachievement
- Avoid developing a sense of helplessness or failure
- Learn more about their strengths and reasons for their weaknesses
- Receive appropriate intervention to support unique needs
- Avoid unnecessary visits to therapists
- Be saved the pain of undetected learning difficulties
- Realise that someone is acknowledging that they are finding things difficult even when they are trying hard
As a result of doing this assessment PARENTS will
- Have a face to face feedback meeting to explain the full details of the assessment report.
- Learn about their child’s developmental strengths, including possible giftedness and challenges, using a holistic approach
- Gain information to identify and address underlying causes for behaviours or learning difficulties, rather than just addressing behaviours
- Receive specific reports for the parent and the classroom teacher with information and strategies to foster a good working relationship between home and the school
- Learn strategies relevant to their child’s needs at home and at school
- Be able to use these strategies to avoid ongoing problems
- Receive recommendations and referrals to follow up on specifically identified issues
- Save time and money by following up on specifically identified issues
This process will enable us to provide a comprehensive program that meets the specific needs of your child. This process will take place from a multi-disciplinary perspective and if your child has specific needs then referrals will be made to relevant services.
We are able to assist families in all parts of Australia. With consultants located in Sydney, Canberra and Perth and via our online facilities any family or school with internet access can benefit from this program. Our assessments are suitable from 4 years to 25 years.
We are now able to offer a brief IQ assessment and achievement test
IQ Test K-BIT 2 ( Kaufman Brief Intelligence Test, 2nd Edition). This test assesses both verbal and non verbal skills and has a .77 correlation with the FSIQ and .84 with the GAI on the WISC IV. Suitable from 4 year of age.
Achievement Test K TEA3 ( Kaufman Brief Test of Educational Achievement). Suitable for 4 years to 25 years.