Cogmed Computer Based Working Memory Training Program
This 12 month program includes five weeks intensive training where the trainee is supported by a qualified coach, that can be done in your own home in your own timeframe. This is followed by a further 100 extension sessions over the balance of the year.
Does your preschooler
- Seem unwilling or unable to learn alphabet, numbers?
- Have difficulty to focus long enough to grasp and follow instructions?
- Flit from one thing to another?
Does your primary school child struggle with
- Reading and understanding the content (reading comprehension)?
- Mental arithmetic?
- Interacting appropriately in peer activities?
- Problems memorizing math facts?
- Keeping friends?
- Beginning or persisting homework independently?
- Planning and packing for an activity?
- Solving multi-step math problems, especially word problems?
- Participating in team sports?
Does your high school child
- Have problems with spatial awareness, reading and following traffic cues?
- Interrupt, talk excessively, or not listen to others?
- Produce essays and reports that are short, sloppy, and disorganized?
- Forget where you left your keys, but clearly remember incidents from your childhood?
- Go to the supermarket, even go to the right aisle and then forget what you need?
- Start a sentence and forget what you were going to say?
- Go into the spare room and then wonder what you were looking for?
- Experience frustration due to forgetfulness?
If so they could have a poor working memory.
Working Memory Training
AGSC offers the evidence based Cogmed Computer Based Working Memory Training
BENEFITS OF COGMED COMPUTERISED WORKING MEMORY TRAINING
As a result of undertaking this Working Memory training program MY CHILD will
- Undertake 25 days intensive working memory training at home
- Have the opportunity to do a further 100 days of extended training over the following 12 months
- Measurably improve their attention through improved working memory
- Have increased confidence in their ability
- Experience how hard work leads to improvement and success
- Develop an increased understanding of intrinsic rewards
- Learn some short term goal setting skills
- Improve working memory which is essential for all academic skills
- Be able to follow instructions more accurately
- Be less likely to be distracted when needing to focus
As a result of your child doing this program PARENTS will
- Work as their training aide and share with them the successes they achieve
- Gain a greater understanding of how your child thinks and how hard they often have to work
- Enjoy having a child with more confidence and increased willingness to ‘have a go’
- Practice your own working memory skills
- Have less battles with your child around tasks that require focus and effort
Is Working Memory the new IQ? Article by Catherine Wikner Visit www.hppsych.com